ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. MY AIM AS A THERAPIST IS TO HELP YOU GAIN INSIGHT AND TO OFFER FRESH PERSPECTIVES. TOGETHER WE CAN DISCOVER NEW WAYS OF THINKING AND MOVING FORWARD
My approach to psychotherapy
Since 2008, following a career in corporate, I have been working as an executive coach, supporting clients who feel challenged by different aspects of their life such as managing difficult relationships, building self-awareness and self confidence, boosting resilience, or handling stressors.
Similar to coaching, people come to psychotherapy to address specific problems they may be experiencing and to pursue personal growth and development. What is more, psychotherapy helps us make links between past and present experiences to better understand and address our difficulties in the here and now.
In my third year of training as an Integrative Psychotherapist, I work by adjusting my therapeutic approach to meet my clients’ specific needs and requirements. Integrative psychotherapy draws from a broad range of psychotherapeutic theory and practice. It takes into account that everyone is different, with unique experiences, emotions, and beliefs.
My objective as a therapist is to help you gain insight and to offer fresh perspectives, so that together we can discover new ways of thinking and a way forward. My approach incorporates compassion and insight, providing you with a safe and non-judgmental space to explore and express your thoughts and emotions freely. I am committed to supporting and challenging you as this is where clients experience the therapeutic process as beneficial and impactful.
Some bits about me
German by passport, Londoner by choice, for the past 25 years I have lived and worked in Switzerland, France, the US and the UK and I have worked with clients from a wide range of cultural backgrounds and beliefs. This exposure has fostered my interest in how cross-cultural issues contribute to psychological distress and given me a more holistic perspective to what I do.
I have experienced first-hand how a difficult relationship with food and body image can affect one’s life, sense of self and ways of being in the world. Today food is for me an opportunity to foster well-being and health and to celebrate life as I come together with family and friends to ‘break bread’.
Finally, laughter is an important part of my life. I aim to bring humor to everything I do including the work with my clients, as it can bolster creativity and the spirit of possibility.
DAYS I’M AVAILABLE AT WEIGHTMATTERS
Here are the days I can see you in person or connect with you remotely
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- 2018-2020 – Integrative Counselling And Psychotherapy Course, Regents University
- 2018 – Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Regents University
- 2015 – Hogan Psychometric Assessment Certification
- 2013 – Mediation And Conflict Management, Columbia University
- 2011 – The Immunity To Change Process Certification, Harvard Department of Education
- 2009 – Myers Briggs Type Indicator, Personality Assessment Certification
- 2009 – Conference, International Positive Psychology Association (IPPA)
- 2008 – Certified Mentor Coach, Coaching Certificate, New York University (NYU)
- 2002 – Foundation of Psychology, Ohio State University
- 1997 – Post-doctoral Fellow on Change Management, INSEAD
- 1996 – Doctorate in Business Administration, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member of the British Association for Counseling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
HOW I OFFER PSYCHOTHERAPY
I work with clients across the UK, and around the world, using Skype, FaceTime & Zoom. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English
LET US EXPLAIN HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU
Talk with our assessment team, who can listen to your story and needs, and help you find the right practitioner for you, and book you in for a Free 30 Minute session to meet with one of our therapists.