I’D LIKE TO SUPPORT YOU TO LOOK AT THE ROLES THAT FOOD AND EMOTIONS PLAY IN YOUR LIFE, AND HOW YOU CAN MANAGE THEM MORE EFFECTIVELY TO LIVE A HAPPIER AND MORE WHOLESOME LIFE
I believe that we are essentially whole, that we have a deep sense about what we need as human beings, to live happily and well. This mostly happens if we pay attention to the signals that our bodies and emotions give us.
Over time, due to our environment, circumstances, and the challenges we face, we may develop coping mechanisms that involve us doing something with the way we feel, eat, live, relate to our bodies, ourselves, with others. We may then find that the such ways of coping have become eating, drinking, thought, feeling or action patterns over time… habits, ‘disordered’ eating, ‘addictions’. We may also suppress, distort or come to distrust the signals from our bodies and emotions then.
If you have come so far as to consider working with a psychotherapist on issues with eating or emotions, chances are that your inner wisdom has got you here.
What I would work with you on
We’ll talk about what’s got you to where you are and how you need or want your current wellness level to be different. I’m here to support you to get what you want. If you haven’t figured it all out, that’s absolutely fine – we’ll figure it out together. It’s your agenda for well-being that we would focus on – whether this is improving your health and nutrition, overcoming illness, loss, self-image or improving other aspects of your life such as the way you relate to yourself and others.
What would working with me look or feel like
You’re likely to experience sessions with me as a two-way dialogue. We will focus on increasing your awareness about you, your coping mechanisms, eating or relating patterns – because awareness is the first step towards change.
“AND NOW HERE IS MY SECRET, A VERY SIMPLE SECRET: IT IS ONLY WITH THE HEART THAT ONE CAN SEE RIGHTLY; WHAT IS ESSENTIAL IS INVISIBLE TO THE EYE.”
THE LITTLE PRINCE
Together, we will explore options to restore health to the various types of relationships in your life, to yourself, food, or other people. If you like body process or Mindfulness practices and are ready for them, we can incorporate these at appropriate times.
I may sometimes challenge you gently to get you out of your comfort zone or usual modes of thinking, acting or being, bearing in mind your readiness. You will have space to exercise choice, and my priority will be your safety and well-being.
A little bit about me
I am passionate about living life holistically – in a way that integrates head, heart, body and spirit. I am trained in *Gestalt Psychotherapy and Emotions Focused Therapy, and also integrate aspects of other therapeutic modalities into my work – where I think they may be helpful to my clients.
I’ve worked with clients with trauma and abuse in their childhood or adult life, anxiety, depression, self-harm and suicide ideation, eating issues, bereavement and loss, challenging transitions (change or loss of job, health, relationship, divorce, identity), stress (from work or life in general). I’ve also helped clients experiencing issues with imposter syndrome, low self-esteem or self-worth, shame, grief and anger.
I’ve worked and still work with clients from different walks of life, from students to parents and senior executives working in highly stressful work environments. When I’m not seeing clients as therapist, I practise as an Organisational Change consultant and coach for senior leaders in the City.
*You don’t have to know about Gestalt to work with me. If you’re curious, here’s a brief explanation about the Gestalt approach. We focus on raising awareness to bring about change. We pay attention to the relationship between therapist and client to understand how the client relates to themselves and others, what’s happening in the here-and-now (rather than digging through history). We also treat our clients as whole persons – their body and emotional experiences are as important as their thoughts.
DAYS I’M AVAILABLE AT WEIGHTMATTERS
Here are the days I can see you in person or connect with you remotely
qualifications & training
- 2020 – Trauma: How The Body Releases Trauma And Restores Goodness
- 2020 – Polyvagal Theory In Action: Creating Safety & Connection With Trauma
- 2020 – Conducting Online Therapy Sessions That Deliver Results – Individual
- 2020 – An Introduction To Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- 2020 – Mental Health Summit: Tools And Strategies To Help Relationships Thrive
- 2020- Mental Health Summit: Helping Clients Heal Trauma And PTSD During The Pandemic
- 2020 – Mental Health Summit: Using Mindfulness To De-Stress, Reduce Anxiety And Stay Present During These Challenging Times – And Beyond
- 2020 – Mental Health Summit: Using Neuroscience to Pull Through the Current Mental Health Crisis
- 2020 – Dialogues On Psychotherapy At The Time Of Coronavirus
- 2020 – The Web Of Shame In The Therapeutic Space
- 2020 – Conceptualising Post Traumatic Stress Disorder And Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- 2019 – The Trauma Counsellor’s Toolbox – Exercises To Aid Recovery And Healing From Complex Trauma
- 2019 – Contemporary Gestalt Therapy Training Workshop For Therapists
- 2019 – EAGT 2019 Conference, EAGT
- 2019 – UKAGP 2019 Residential Conference, UKAGP
- 2019 – Understanding Dissociative Identity Disorder, MHFP
- 2019 – What Do Women (& Men) Want Today in Intimate Relationships?
- 2018 – The Psychophysiology Of PTDF And Trauma: How We Can Make Trauma Therapy Safer
- 2018 – Emotions-Focused Therapy – Couples Therapy
- 2018 – Emotions-Focused Therapy Level 2
- 2018 – Shame And Self-Loathing In The Treatment Of Trauma
- 2018 – Radical Relationality: Mutual Influence In The Therapist-Patient Dialogue
- 2018 – Trauma And The Body
- 2018 – Emotion Revolution Congress
- 2017 – British Gestalt Journal Seminar
- 2017 – Trauma Workshop
- 2017 – Emotions-Focused Therapy Level 1
- 2017 – Residential Conference, UKAGP
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Registered Member, MBACP, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Member, UKAGP, UK Association for Gestalt Practitioners
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Member, BPS RQTU, British Psychological Society Register of Qualifications in Test Use
HOW I OFFER PSYCHOTHERAPY
I work with clients across the UK, and around the world, using Skype, FaceTime & Zoom. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English
LET US EXPLAIN HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU
Talk with our assessment team, who can listen to your story and needs, and help you find the right practitioner for you, and book you in for a Free 30 Minute session to meet with one of our therapists.