As the youngest member of a family of big and powerful personalities, I learned growing up that my relationships with those around me had a profound effect on how I related to myself, my body, and the world at large.
I chose to train in psychotherapy
It is perhaps unsurprising then that I chose in later life to train in psychotherapy, a profession that prizes the relationship between therapist and client as an engine for positive change. My approach is integrative which means that I draw on different but complementary theories and techniques, to best tailor the therapy I offer to you as the client.
It is also relational, in that I work collaboratively, involving you in decisions about the therapeutic process. Together, in a safe and non-judgemental space, we can explore your relationship with food and eating, and begin to understand how it intersects with and responds to other relationships in your life, from earliest childhood to the here and now.
Together in a safe environment we can explore your relationship with food and eating
Prior to commencing my training as a therapist, I worked for more than ten years in the field of broadcast journalism, where I was able to observe from up close how the media impacts on the way we see our bodies, our diet and our weight.
In that time, I developed a keen sensitivity to the pressure that falls on women and men to conform to an ideal body image, and to the penalties for not living up to that ideal. It was this experience that most of all drew me to work in the field of disordered eating.
I work collaboratively, involving you in decisions about the therapeutic process
DAYS I’M AVAILABLE AT WEIGHTMATTERS
Here are the days I can see you in person or connect with you remotely
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- 2016: Working with Anorexia and Restrictive Under-eating, WeightMatters Training Academy
- 22015: Working with Binge Eating and Food Addiction, WeightMatters Training Academy
- 22015: Essential Nutritional Training, WeightMatters Training Academy
- 22015: Working with Eating Behaviours, WeightMatters Training Academy
- 22015: Transference and Countertransference in Action, WeightMatters Training Academy
- 22014: Food Diary Analysis, WeightMatters Training Academy
- 22015-present Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Regent’s University, London
- 22015 Focusing: Accessing Your Inner Knowing, CityLit CPD Workshop, London
- 22012-2014 MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regent’s University, London (awaiting submission of dissertation)
- 22012 Foundation in Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regent’s University, London
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (Accredited)
HOW I OFFER PSYCHOTHERAPY
I work with clients across the UK, and around the world, using Skype, FaceTime & Zoom. There is no need to travel, and you can feel comfortable in your own home. It is free to set up and simple to use, so why not give it a try?
I offer sessions in English