The Art of Eating
Sunday 29th November 2015
A creative workshop to help you change the way you eat
Is food your enemy?
Are you preoccupied with food?
Is food taking over your life?
The art of eating is a creative workshop on using the arts to help you change what you eat and the way you eat it.
Not everything is easily expressed in words and the arts provide an opportunity to express yourself in a unique way, allowing new insights to emerge.
You will have the opportunity to use a variety of art materials to explore your relationship with eating, and develop strategies to change the way you think, feel and behave around food.
No previous art experience is required, and all materials are provided.
This workshop will deepen your understanding of the root causes of your eating patterns and help you manage the way food impacts your life.
You will learn:
- What role food plays in your life
- How to make food part of your life so that you can still live your life
- To identify your strengths and resources that will help you in moving forwards
- How to challenge your negative self beliefs and develop a more positive mental attitude towards yourself
- Ideas to help you manage your preoccupation with food
- How to address the feelings that get expressed or repressed through food
Helena Lewis is a qualified psychotherapist specialising in using the creative process in facilitating change. She has extensive experience of supporting people and has worked in a range of therapeutic environments including the public sector, mental health and education. She currently spends her time between WeightMatters, The London Art Therapy Centre and her private practice in West London. Helena has a strong belief in each individual’s capacity to strive towards their potential, and brings this passion to all her work.
Sign up here
Pay and reserve your
place using Paypal
At a glance
The Art of Eating
Date: 29th November 2015
Time: 1pm to 4.30pm
£70 10th Birthday Promotion £60