We all know how tired we can feel after a long week, but making sure you stay healthy over the weekend will help you to feel good into the next week!
What do you do to stay healthy over the weekend?
Keeping up your healthy lifestyle on the weekend can be difficult, people tend to be mpre relaxed on weekends, and whilst good for the mind can mean that reaching goals in terms of healthy eating and fitness can be sabotaged.
Recent studies have found that we tend to have more calories on the weekend, although the amount can vary greatly from around 85 to 115 extra calories, although not too much for a one off, over time this can add up.
“You may think, ‘So I eat a little more on Saturday night, I’ll exercise that off on Sunday.’ Sunday arrives, yet you find excuses not to exercise.
- Church starts at 9 a.m.? Then get up at 7 a.m. and walk a few miles. You rise early to workout on weekdays, why not now?
- Not a morning exerciser and you can’t miss 60 Minutes or Alias on Sunday evening? Tape or TiVo it and hit the gym.
- Your wife wants your help in the garden? Good news – the experts deem yard work real exercise.
- Watching your kids’ baseball games all day? Stand up while you watch: standing burn more calories than sitting. Or take a walk between games.
- Do you just not feel like working out because, after all, weekends are for relaxing? Just a few minutes of exercise is better than none. Keeping up with your exercise routine will help you reach your fitness goals that much faster, and once you get into the groove of working out, you’ll crave it. Promise.”
Keeping your eye on your overall goal, to be a healthier you at the forefront. Think about what you are eating over the weekends and make an effort to keep up with your fitness plans. If you feel like after a long week of sticking to your plans, reward yourself with a movie rather than a junk food pig out. Weekends are for having a break, though you can make sure it is still a healthy one!
Original article can be found here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=219 – Elizabeth Evans Fryer
Body Image Treatment
Learn more about Body Image
Here are some articles and blogs about body image