What is Stress? Anxiety?
Stress is an emotion that is not only psychological but very physical. Stress and anxiety can take over our bodies causing depression, frustrations, binge eating, or an eating disorder. Is stress an issue in your life? What do you think makes your stress worse?
Here is some interesting research that guides people in pinpointing what exactly is causing stress in their life.
Stress can make you feel as though everything is overwhelming and you cannot cope with things. People respond to stress differently- some may cry, feel irritable, become irrationally angry, feel tired all the time, may be depressed, have stomachaches or headaches, or another range of symptoms.
What most people do not realize is that the stress we put ourselves through is completely under our control. There are several behaviour patterns that can make a stressful situation notably worse; the important part is noticing familiar and recurring ones. You are able to change the amount of stress in your life when you can recognise what is worsening it.
This research takes a look at what is upping your stress levels by a series of questions:
- Do you say yes, when you mean no?
- Do you feel guilty if you take time off to relax?
- Do you find it hard to communicate how you feel and to ask for help?
- Do you have fixed ideas about how you and other people should behave, and often get upset when these standards aren’t met?
- Do you insist on doing everything to very high standards, even when you don’t have the time or energy?
- Do you dwell on upsets and difficult situations, without moving on?
- Do you put off doing things so that they pile up and become unmanageable?
- Do you feel as if you never have any time and that you have more work than you can possibly handle?
- Is someone bullying you and making your life miserable and stressful?
Read the original article to learn more http://www.independent.co.uk/money/health-insurance/what-is-stress-8502705.html?origin=internalSearch
Disordered Eating Treatment
Learn more about Disordered Eating
Here are some articles and blogs about disordered eating