This 10-week course aims to develop awareness, options and skills to support you in creating a positive change in your relationship with weight, food, eating and body image.
By enhancing your strengths, resources and functioning in daily life you will develop a growing autonomy to help you deal with issues such as self-identity, relationships and professional development in a new and healthy way.
Each session lasts 2-hours and is divided into an educational component and group therapy.
The educational component is taken from Transactional Analysis (TA), which is a theory of personality and communication. The themes covered will be:
- Boundaries, contracts and objectives
- Therapeutic operations – How to build awareness
- Ego States – Understanding your personality
- Functional Model – Understanding your behavior
- Transactions – Exploring how you communicate
- Strokes – Building self-worth
- Discounting – How to acknowledge your strengths and resources
- Decontamination – Clearing out unhelpful messages
- Games – Understanding why you repeat patterns
- Endings, learning and moving forwards
The group psychotherapy, or group therapy session, dimension is a space where you can explore the impact of this learning on yourself and others, and build cognitive and emotional awareness.
Our next group starts on Thursday 3rd October, and the group leader will be James Lamper.
Each session starts at 7pm and ends at 9pm.
There is a maximum of 8 people in a group.
The 10-week course costs £400 – payment spread over 3 months.
Our psycho-education group psychotherapy course is open to women and men of any size, overweight or underweight, who struggle with eating.
Reserve My Place
If you are interested in attending our Psycho-Education Therapy Group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 7622, and we will arrange a Free 30 Minute Session with James. This gives us a chance to meet each other before the group starts, and we can answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Psycho-Education Group Psychotherapy.