Let us bring calm to your chaos around eating
The focus of our bulimia treatment programme is to support you in developing new coping mechanisms to deal with life’s ups and downs, so you no longer need to turn to bingeing and purging as a way of coping.
We will look at the triggers that cause you to binge eat, teach you new ways to manage your emotions away from food, and support you in developing new thinking styles to deal with life in a positive and empowering way.
We will explore themes from your past that may be keeping you trapped in the cycle of bulimia, working through any unresolved feelings that may be blocking you from living life in a free and happy way.
Bulimia Recovery at WeightMatters
- We will work on nutritional interventions to help balance your blood and brain chemistry
- We will show you how to break habits and create new behaviours in your life around food
- We will help you to name, feel and manage emotions without the need to use food to cut them off
- We will unearth thoughts, beliefs and assumptions that are keeping you stuck in your bulimia cycle, and we will support you in creating new ways of interpreting situations and feelings
- You will build greater levels of self-esteem and self-worth as you start to change the deep beliefs that shape your self-concept of who you are
- We will examine your body image and restructure how you think and feel about your body
- We will rebalance the many areas of your life so you can reduce day-to-day stress, and support you in taking regular activity to help you manage your weight
- When you achieve bulimia recovery, you will have a toolkit of strategies to keep you on track
Treatment for Bulimia Nervosa
We invite you to explore our services for Bulimia Nervosa
Counselling & Psychotherapy
Let us guide you on the path to recovery
Dietary and therapeutic support for eating disorders
Get to the root cause of your weight issues
Share, reflect and learn in a supported group
From Our Blog
How Does Your Gut Affect Your Health?
The word bacteria normally has a negative association. Bacteria has become a generalised term we use...
Hormonal Imbalance and Eating Disorders
Hormonal Imbalance and Eating Disorders Hormones are chemical substances in our body that regulate several processes,...
The Link Between Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Eating Disorders
Eating disorders often appear in combination with other mental health disorders, such anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder,...